Saturday, November 04, 2006

So, maybe the Universe is not quite so bad afterall...

A friend called me this Thursday evening and as we chatted about different topics, it became clear to me that the funk I had been feeling all day was a little worse than I thought. I've been dealing with a few things, mostly health and $$. I'll admit that there are days where staying positive is a chore, but I do try to keep things light and happy. Not always successful. Not on Thursday night, certainly. I choked on my words a few times and my friend was helpful in trying to be supportive.
I told her of an important appointment that I was only able to get in early December. I explained
to the appointment lady that I would make myself available if she had any cancellations. They are rare. In any case, my friend and I closed the conversation with her suggestion. Go to bed and meditate on quieting my mind and let the powers that be know that I would love to get a call moving my appointment up.

I did just that and woke up leaving
most of yesterday's funk on the pillow. It was about 11 when I got morning's chores and calls completed and I hoped in the shower. Through the shower water and the closed bathroom door I heard the familiar sound of my cell phone vibrating. Yes, I'm one of those...a vibrator, so sue me. It comes from being in classes 6 days a week for 4 years and not wanting the phone to ring in the middle of lecture and getting the look.
Anyway, it was the appointment lady asking if I could fill a cancellation for next week! (insert
little bug-eyed smiley here). Yes! Definitely! And thanked her no end. I jumped in the shower feeling so jubilant. Finally, the universe cutting me a break. I'll take it.

I headed up to campus to check my
mail box and bumped into an ex-professor of mine. I filled him in on the appointment thing and chuckled. I went back to his office and he showed me a DVD he wanted me to watch and promptly leant it to me. It is something I had wanted to see for a while and it was so appropriate to things going on with me lately.

I finally got home and focused on the mailbox contents. How did I
miss this? There was a good-sized envelope with an address and name I didn't recognize. I sat a comfy chair and tucked my legs under me. Yes, bad posture. *slaps her own hand* I opened the packed still not understanding who, what, why. Examining the wrapped contents, a dreaded feeling washed over me. OMG! Did I join an SP round and FORGET?! OMG! Did I flake on someone?! I was panicked at the thought of potentially making another person feel icky and flaked upon. Then there was the note with the best handwriting I've seen in a while. It said TESORO. I opened it and nearly cried.

A RAK! A RAK from the lovely Carrieknits all the way from California! So many lovely things. I was practicall yteary-eyed as I opened each one. Yes, I'm enjoying hormonal moments lately too. Wonderful. Isn't life grand? Not Wanna see inside? Me took, let's...

Carrie wrote me a sweet note on a pretty card and sent me more of the same blank plus others she picked up at an art museum in Oregon. Next were two movies - Girl With A Pearl Earring and The Business of Strangers. Awesome! Movie night! Them there was a pretty green sport weight alpaca yarn. A.L.P.A.C.A...*sigh* Then Carrie sent me some Chasing Rainbows mohair boucle in grays, blues and plum with a note tucked inside for a suggestion of a 3x2 rib scarf. My first boucle! I'll have to see if there is enough for a skinny scarf. And lastly is a ball of Lorna's Laces yarn she had leftover from making One Skein's cable footies (I have that book). My first Lorna's Laces! Enough to make a sweet baby hat in prescious muted colors of blue, plum and rose. The Boo wrapping paper contained yummy chocolate treats that help ease my funk away. No picture of the chocolate...I ate it while unwrapping the other goodies. I'm not dumb! :D
Thank you, Carrie, for your tremendous and timely generosity!
Maybe the Universe isn't so bad afterall? *smile*

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Like the new look...and what a sweet RAK! Aren't knitties the best??