Saturday, November 04, 2006

Shoe Pr0n...Dansko on parade....and cheap!

I've known her for 18 years. We celebrated my 21st birthday together and she was one of my first official roommates in college. Her daughter's middle name is a version of mine, in my honor. We wanted to live closer to each other FOREVER but I was in NY and she in CO. Then she came to PA and it was only 6 hours away. We were thrilled. That was 2.5 years ago and now she is moving to Dallas where hubby found his dream job and I'm so happy for them. She knows that I will visit yearly at least. But why, oh why did she not mention that the ONLY DANSKO OUTLET was only 15 minutes from her PA home? They sell half off their retail price. I just found this out 2 weeks ago. I could have been hoarding shoes for 2.5 years! Oh, and I am a champion shoe hoarder. Blue ribbon and everything. I get it from my mom. Not purses though. I don't hoard purses. They just don't get me all giddy.


When I moved to the beautiful Finger Lakes region in Upstate NY over 4 years ago, my friends helped me load the moving truck. I can still hear my friend Anthony in my memory to this day. He carried out a dresser drawer. While walking he looked down in the drawer at the contents and exclaimed, "How the @#$% many black shoes do you have?!!!!" "Wha?!" I replied. "They are all different for different outfits...etc." This from a guy that had exactly one pair of brown shoes, one black and a pair sneakers. That's it. No way could he have understood the difference between flats and heels, smooth leather and suede, casual and dressy. Forget wrapping his brain around boots. The bottom of his bachelor closet was pathetic. Thank goodness he is married now and his lovely wife has remedied his lack of shoe choices. Don't get me wrong. I don't have tons of frivolous shoes, but I do hoard when shoes that I like and are good for me are on sale. SO I decided to invest some grad gift $$ on shoes that I could wear for years.
On to the SHOE PRON...woot!

Front row: Brown oiled box clog, Black oiled box clog. Each were $60.
Back row: Olivey-tan shoe $45, Dress pump in black leather and a deep rich gorgeous red/wine. Each $68.

If you are not nearby, you can also buy throught www.danskooutlet.com. They have a few more styles at the store, than listed online. But, as these are factory seconds, the best to do is make a special trip, try them on and hoard away. Go ahead. I give you permission. ;)

No comments: