Thursday, October 12, 2006

On a delay...

So. Here I sit. Sitting and waiting for it to be 2pm. Why you ask? Small but annoying car issue delay and because I am not fond of NYC traffic or the way it spills over and on to LI roads fo hours before and after rush hour. 495/LIE to be exact. I don't miss traffic. Life is so much better without it.

Gah! *taps fingers and looks around for the 10th time to make sure apt is clean and orderly before departure*

On a happy note, I decided to pack some knitting to do at night after a long day. My Petal Bib and Baby Bolero from the One Skein book.
And I think I will try my hand at *gulp* Clapotis again. I have some lovely Malabrigo Boutone in the Cuatro colorway of mostly browns, golds, purples, wines and greens. Lovely.

Handpaintedyarns also has a yarn with my sister's name and I recently found an old novel in a used bookstore for $1 with her name as the title. Maybe I'll send her an "It's all about you!" package in the mail with a Clapotis and the book. Not that I think this will bury the hatchet in anyway but... *sigh*

Moving on...maybe I can do the same for my mother. I already know Vittadini discontinued a yarn with my name, mispelled slightly but that is a commom occurance with my name. Only 1 "L" kids! Sheesh..is it really that difficult? *sigh* Annnnnyway, I am (my yarn) described as
"a scrumptious merino/cashmere that gives good stitch def and really makes the cables POP." Hehehe. I thinkI'm on to the perfect holiday presents for us three...books with our name as the title and a Clapotis made with same name. Thoughts? Go ahead, you know you want to ;P

More later...time to drive.

No comments: