Thursday, October 05, 2006

The litter experiment...can you do better?


So. Yes, I am going to vent, complain, kvetch (sp?), and generally roll my eyes while I type about litter. Litter. I had to say it again. * sigh *

The problem: tracking - all the time, everywhere. I hate scooping too, but that's another issue. TRACKING is the monkey on my back.

Solutions I have tried:
1. Covered top on the litter pan
2. Remnant rug under the covered litter pan so they step on that when entering/exiting
3. Special cat litter mat (think outdoor mat with those plastic finger-like projections) on the remnant rug, etc.
4. Clay litter with larger granules (all brands)
5. Clay litter with smaller granules (all brands)
6. Scoopable (every imaginable brand, old version, new and improved, etc.)
7. Crystal absorbent pearl-like stuff
8. Feline Pine – weird odor and yup, tracks
9. Cedar – light weight and cheap, but the worst tracing of all
10. YOUR SUGGESTION HERE

I spend WAY too much time vacuuming and this issue makes me nutty.

Help?! Yes there are bigger problems in the world. But, but, but...*sigh*

...and no I’m not giving them away and they must be indoor cats...too many strays out there, busy neighborhood, have always been indoor cats, nasty evil neighborhood cat is not allowed to terrorize my kitties.

1 comment:

Ceallach said...

No, you're right....you don't want to expose your kitties to the AIDS kitties.....that would be bad.

I have no solution for you, except to get rid of your carpet and put in hardwood floors, but then you would just have to sweep them floors.....