Friday, September 08, 2006

Goings on

I woke up early this morning (3AM) to a huge commotion. Seems that the hated neighborhood cat hopped up on the bay window bump out just below my AC and began hissing and growling. There was a scuffle and a crash which sounded like it was directly next to me in bed. My two cats were terrified/curious huddled next to me and peering out from under the sheets while wimpering. Next thing I hear is desperate scratching, clawing and a few thuds at the livingroom window just a few feet from the bedroom. I tend to leave the windows cracked open a bit at the top to let air in for the warmer weather. Naturally, this hated neighborhood cat was trying to get in! I ran to the window to shut it and he jumped right up at me. I thought he'd break right through the screen. I love all animals, but this cat is just mean. I had to warn my new neighbors not to leave their caged cockatiel outside on the porch unattended because of this tyrant. I won't be sad to see him go...vicious little fur ball *grumbles*


Well wfter that little adventure, I managed to wake up all stiff and achy with my glands swollen and painful. I sneezed a few times yesterday so I knew something was happening. So, what's a gal to do? Chicken soup! Brewing as we speak. Hope it works ;)

Today was another home day. I managed to snag a friend's laptop for a week and so here I sit surfing the web and finally getting things done. So much to do now that the degrees are finished. God and the paperwork for licensing, credentialing, blah, blah, blah. Seems endless and what a s-l-o-w process. And the search for where to live still carries on. I have another month or so of travelling and attending this meeting and that conference and the other seminars. I love it but I'd really like to be closer to being settled. Have to remember to be nice to myself and breath. Doesn't help when a certificate program I want to take will be $500. * eyes roll*

On a brighter note, I made these stitch markers for Karen (cooknknit) for a swap. The camera was less bratty this morning so the pic is blurry but decent. New camera? I wish. Not yet. Not for a while. So if you have gotten aby from me and can take a better pic, by all means go ahead and send it to me. I'd love it :)

More surfing... Posted by Picasa

No comments: