Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mini update, tiny really...

Life has been chaotic. Seems the end of summer/beginning of Fall is student unfriendly. Even my lovely SP (nonKnitty) wrote me recently about the demands of classes. I know this too well. Mine occur 6 days a week...and I get one to rest/clean then back to the "grind" I enjoy what I do, but yes, life is chaotic. No worries SP, I know you'll get the last gift out to me when you can. I myself am delayed with my nonKnitty downstream SP. I am waiting to hear from them before sending on the next box. We haven't chatted in a while and I want to make sure the address I have is still correct. She gets a little extra spoiling due to my delay.

On the knitting front, there have been a few posts on the Knitty board about the "My So Called Scarf" pattern and some really cute results. What the heck, I'll give it a try. Try 1 needs to be frogged and tried on larger needles. I do not have larger metal circs so that is on hold. I had forgotten about the gorgeous ball of Trendsetter Dune grass & sky colorway I picked up in August while out of town. Just one as the budget is in the redish zone so...that's another story just insert a HUGE Grad school sigh here.

ANYWAY, I grabbed the US13 clover bamboo circs ( I prefer to knit on circs even for flat) and gave Try 2 a go. Naturally the bamboo is the wrong choice for mohair but that's all I had. I knit (read struggled) here and there in class yesterday and managed to complete 10 inches. Yes, yes I am a slow knitter AND I have to look at what I am doing AND I'm a thrower. It's a wonder why I continue to knit...just kidding. Oddly, I function better when multitasking.

In other news, I hate Dell. More accurately, I hate the fact that Dell has done away with their deeper discounts just as I was decided on ordering a laptop. Honestly, the type I need to do the things i need to do is about $1200 - $1400. Dell used to run specials of $750 off $1400, etc. Well, they didn't hit their forcasted revenue for last quarter and have rethought their pricing. They are gambling that higher prices will = higher revenue for Dell. Time will tell, but for now I an SOL on a laptop. Here's a little WIP and yarn p0rn. Enjoy.

No comments: